Saturday, May 10, 2014

Doing Disney Solo

Going to Disneyland Solo

   I have had my Disney pass for almost a year and I have so many stories that I can tell. I will start with what it is like to go to the parks by myself and mention some of the pros and cons of it.

Things you can do if you go by yourself that you can't do with other people:
  • You can take your time to look at everything and take pictures of things that you see
  • You will notice more details about buildlings and you will discover new nooks and crannies of the parks
  • You can go on rides that your friends are too scared to go on
  • You can also go on single rider which is a million times faster than waiting in line with friends (although it gets lonely having no one to talk to)
  • You can eat whatever you want and not have to worry about burdening other people with your specific wants and needs
  • You can shop wherever you want
  • You might meet random strangers or people who recognize you and get to hang out with them
  • Being able to hang out at a charging station while you people watch (granted, my bf and I do that too while we eat or just sit)
   I guess the most important thing is that you can take things slow and steady and you can come and go as you please. I have gone so many times just by myself. I go into the park for a few hours, go on one or two rides that I like and just spend the rest of the time hanging out in an area I enjoy (mostly Mad T Party because of the music and the colors. There's also a charging station there!) I also have a lot of pictures of certain areas of the parks because of these solo trips. Sometimes I take a Canon camera with me and just go on one ride and take pictures of all the details that the imagineers put great detail to. [See BTMRR post: http://catlovesdisney.blogspot.com/2014/03/20140320-disney-visit-tradition.html]




Things that are less fun when you are by yourself:
  • Being lonely
  • Being bored
  • Having no one to talk to while in line
  • Not having anyone to show what you're seeing to. You'll just have to take pictures and remember to upload them
  • No one will help you finish your food or split a meal with you. You will just have to get smaller portions or take it to go
  • You feel like there's nothing left to do after awhile because all the other rides would be more fun with a friend 
  • Can't drink because there is no one to drive you home at the end of the night if you decide to take advantage of all the alcoholic offerings in California Adventures

Cave of Wonders
Monte Cristo Sandwich



Make sure to check out some of my other sites for other interesting content:
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/cattyliu816
Blog: http://www.catlovesdisney.blogspot.com/
Instagram: http://instagram.com/tiggeradventures
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cats-Disney-Obsession/429770683785688

And remember to always Keep Calm and Disney On~!





No comments:

Post a Comment